Recent Audio Book - First Life - Discovering The Connection Between Stars, Cells, and How Life Began

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Keep Your Eyes On The Prize

I had an interesting experience on Linked In recently.  I was working on my social media marketing, and finally concentrated on updating and maximizing my site.  I've had a somewhat varied background professionally, and currently am a partner in a successful company (which I really enjoy) that is totally separate from my voice-over world.

I made a decision to make my Linked In site exclusively about my voice-over experience, to really drill down on that aspect of my professional life, and started to send out invites to connect.

I received a terrific response from someone who happens to know of the other things I've done in the past, and my current goings on.  She was effusive in her praise of my decision to zero in on voice-overs exclusively on the site.  It definitely reaffirmed my decision, and also made me think about the ways in which we present ourselves to those around us, both the people we know and friends we haven't yet met.

Many of us are complex individuals, with many interests.  We all have varied experiences we bring to the table, and all of these experiences help define who we are.  That being said, there are times when we need to laser beam our thoughts and actions for a specific goal.

My decision to focus exclusively on voice acting on one of my social media sites doesn't take away from all the other things I do - both professionally and personally - that make me...well...me!  I do believe, however, that the power of compartmentalizing can bring powerful results.

Best of luck in your social media world.  Let me know what's working for you!

Keep Talking

Mike
 http://mlenzvoice.tripod.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment